Not until we are lost do we begin to find ourselves--
Henry David Thoreau

Monday, December 30, 2013

untitled


Capricorn lover
or leave her, the decision was
I’m clipping my nails because it’s the only thing
on my to do list
that I think I can actually accomplish
What?
and did we?
accomplish anything.

Something stirred in me
the sugary bottom of instant hot chocolate
from a paper packet
someone found on the shelf
of this house
that doesn’t belong to us.

Use the tea bags twice
because that’s frugal that’s fair
that’s showing that you care
about something, about how wasteful we
are and I dunk it twice
dunk it with fervor because believe
me I’d rather punch a bruise in my thigh
than get up and open another
it’s too much to open another
what if I don’t finish?

I set out to write a story on a stormy day
but I’m getting a Morse code of phrases
phrases that mean more than I’m capable
of writing.

11 guavas on the tree outside shiver in the rain
the tank is full, beyond
and spilling over. We have an abundance
Of water.

Everything is changing and everyone I know is changing
It’s unsettling.
I feel age all around me
I don’t want to grow old.

No comments: