Not until we are lost do we begin to find ourselves--
Henry David Thoreau

Thursday, November 13, 2008

A New Day

a new day is stretched out before me.
i look at it optimistically.
i pour another cup of coffee and watch the sun illuminate shadows
outside my window
i tap my frosted toes
against the linoleum
"wake up, wake up"!
my mind cries.
i am enthusiastic
and tranquil
drinking it all in.

a new day is stretched out before me and
i revel
in it's length and purity
not a mark of obligation
not an hour spent scrubbing or serving
to scourge my sanity
nothing but blissful bareness and new
light and
lightness
that comes with being free.

a new day is stretched out before me
like a supple and giving lover
full of enigamatic beauty and endless possibility
i lay my body down
inside this day
the caressing fingers of morning's light
telling me,
"all is now"

a new day is stretched out before me
and it is mine alone
i can do anything
and nothing
if i want to.

No comments: