Not until we are lost do we begin to find ourselves--
Henry David Thoreau

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

the pilot

i step timidly toward the mic and there's nothing to say but i put myself out here and here i am and i am with nothing to say.

nothing to say, nothing to say
i contemplate my day,
my day. i step
timidly
to-
ward
the mic.
there is a slow low laying base:
thump-ba-bump-bump-ba-bump-bump-thump-thump-thump-ba-ba-ba-bump.
i step. i step-step. i step-step-step timidly.
t o w a r d
the mic.

suddenly, sud-den-
ly, there are cymbals
symbols
around me.
i'm talking and
raising and
pushing out
my voice
my thumb-ba-bump-bump-ba-bump-bump-thump-thump-ba-ba-ba-bump
voice.
suddenly, simply, my voice.

i'm spilling and spitting and spewing and saying
all the nothing i wanted to say
all the nothing of another way
all the nothing of everyones' day

thumb-ba-bump-bump-ba-bump-bump-thump-thump-ba-ba-ba-bump
i right the mic
put it back in it's stand
i stand
truimphanty
welcome to Breedom

1 comment:

Windrider. said...

Hi Puks,

I love the name of your blog--Beedom. It's so perfect. I'm so looking forward to peruse the pearls that will be dripping from your typing fingers. :-)

Love you,
Ma