Not until we are lost do we begin to find ourselves--
Henry David Thoreau

Monday, December 15, 2008

aluring moon

the moon looks like where i'm going.
i look at the moon that looks at me
bright and wide, never blinking, only
careening toward
me and then
catching my breath as it backs way into the night.

the moon looks like where i'm going.
i contemplate my place that has been
cast out by the moon's light
fixing me in strobe-like beauty
on this earth and
i wonder why

the moon looks like where i'm going.
i am reminded of where i've been
locking eyes with this incandescent, otherwordly lure
and drawn up by my solar plexus until
a tap on the shoulder or
a red light or a kiss
brings me back down again.

the moon feels like where i'm going.
i will fly way in the night
rap with the stars and stare
unblinking into the moon.
i hear the call to come home
yes, the moon feels like where i'm going.

No comments: