Not until we are lost do we begin to find ourselves--
Henry David Thoreau

Thursday, January 14, 2010

a job? what's that?

today is the day. after months of waiting, i strap on the old ball and chain and head out into the great yard that is employment. today, today, i pretend for 8 hours to really dress this nice in my "outside" life. today, today, i learn the ways of the pharmacy. i pause a moment and think, wow! life sure is mysterious! the pharmacy, really? and yes, the pharmacy really. i don't know what's in store for me but i hope i catch on quickly. regardless, i know i'll have some stories to tell, people are endless wells of interest and material! well, i should probably figure out my outfit. the next time you hear from me, i will have faced the employment god and she will have touched me on the shoulder and said, "welcome to the commodification of time".

No comments: